Friday, April 23, 2010

The Beginning


Oh how my life has changed. Moving abroad was never for my family or me. I expected to always live in Houston with Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins a stones throw away for my kids. I don't like change after all.

Oh how God had a different plan for my family and me. We are now weeks away from an adventure to the glittering, flashy, Vegas-in-the-East city of Dubai. My new home is waiting to be filled with everything the movers packed, Andy is buying appliances (scary?), the kids and I are living like nomads (it isn't so bad yet) while I'm taking care of last minute details here.

Four weeks to go before we live in a land-according to Boston- where men dress like shepherds. This blog that I've created will allow our friends and family to join us on our adventure and stay connected to the kids, Andy, and me. Enjoy the reading!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting a blog!! I'm so excited to read all about this adventure of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I'm so glad you did this. It helped me so much when James and Emily were overseas. Now, can you figure out a way that I can hug the kids over the webcam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm am friends with "Mimi", and have heard about some of the adventures so far. It'll be fun to follow your blog for the next few years...looking forward to it! I'm sure Boston will have many more cute observations to share...he is so smart and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blog! Will that be your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I linked you - let me know if that's not okay.
    I'm so happy you got a blog!! You'll have some GREAT stories, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including me in your adventure. I look forward to watching the children grow from afar. I will miss you all. Remember I am free for a visit anytime. I would like to see that part of the world once before you guys return to the good old USA.

    ReplyDelete